We are seeking to add both current and prospective college students as part-time evaluators to our growing secret shopping team. These assignments are available on an as-needed basis and involve auditing colleges and universities in your local area and throughout the United States.
- Secret shopping is a quick and easy way to make some extra money. Are you in the college search process or currently enrolled at an institution? If so, CampusFeedback may be interested in hiring you as a secret shopper.
- Our secret shoppers are asked to either call or visit a school as a student or prospective student and then fill out an evaluation form related to their overall experience.
- You are paid a set reimbursement, which varies by the type of mystery shop.
- There is absolutely no cost or fee to be a secret shopper.
- All assignments are on first come, first serve basis. You choose the assignments that are convenient and fit with your schedule.
- Prior experience, certifications, or training in the secret shopping industry are not required.
- Shoppers are paid a set flat rate amount for completing each assignment. The amount is displayed online when you decide to accept the shop. The payment is a flat rate amount, regardless of what you actually spend during the assignment.
- You will not receive a “paycheck”, as shoppers are independent contractors, and not employees. You will receive a flat-rate payment through PayPal for a predetermined amount after submitting a satisfactory report. No taxes are withheld from the payment. Each shopper is an independent contractor and responsible for proper tax reporting for their own income.
- Shoppers are usually paid within 30 to 45 days of submitting an acceptable report. If 45 days have passed and you have not received payment yet, please contact us. All payment are paid through PayPal and all shoppers are required to have a PayPal account to receive payment.
do i need to sign a contract?
You don’t need to sign a contract, but you should read our shopper agreement. As one of our secret shoppers, you are legally bound by the terms described in that agreement. All shoppers are independent contractors and their relationship with CampusFeedback may be terminated at any time for any reason. Shoppers’ accounts will be deactivated if they miss assignments, violate our policies, or if their integrity is questioned.
how do i complete a mystery shop and submit my survey?
Review the shop instructions and survey online before completing the assignment. Then go the school that you are assigned to and follow the shop instructions. Be careful to pay close attention to how you were greeted, the environment, the cleanliness, the staff, etc. Within 24 hours of your shop, complete the survey that appears by thoroughly answering all questions and providing comments. Finalize the report when you are done and feel that it is a complete and valuable report.
WHY AM I NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SOME ASSIGNMENTS?
Most of our assignments require a shopper rotation to prevent any bias from being formed or shoppers being identified from frequent repeat visits. Some assignments require that shoppers live in a certain area or have a local phone number. Other assignments require shoppers of a certain age range, gender, income level, or profession. These requirements are necessary to meet the clients’ needs and match the profile of their typical students.
HOW MUCH TIME MUST I COMMIT TO BE A MYSTERY SHOPPER?
The program is flexible and you can decide how many assignments you wish to accept. There is no minimum amount of completed shops required to stay active in the database. You can do 1 shop a week or 1 a year depending on your interests and schedule.
CAN I CANCEL AN ASSIGNMENT THAT I ACCEPTED?
When you accept an assignment, we are counting on you to complete it. If you need to cancel the assignment for any reason, we must be informed at least 48 hours in advance so that we can reassign the assignment to another shopper. Failure to notify us of a cancellation may result in termination of your secret shopper account. Notify us of cancellation or schedule changes by calling 603-223-0303 x1 or emailing Info@campusfeedback.com.
HOW DO I HIDE THAT I AM A MYSTERY SHOPPER?
As a secret shopper, it is your responsibility to remain “undercover” so that no one in the business suspects that you are on a secret shopping assignment. If the client identifies you as a shopper, then the integrity of the report is compromised and it is no longer considered a valid report. If this happens, you will not be paid for the assignment or reimbursed for any expenses incurred.
- Be discreet when noting times on your watch or cell phone
- Do not write anything down or take any notes. If you need to take notes you could do so in the restroom, but never in view of a staff member
- Do not tell anyone that you are or have been a mystery shopper for a particular location
- Do not ask too many questions or unusual questions to the staff
- Do not ask staff members for their names or the names of other staff members
- Do not behave suspicious by staring at employees or making it obvious that you are looking around